It’s Day Seven of the 31 Day Blog Challenge! I can’t believe I’ve gone a whole week without missing a day. Yay for me! 😉 By the end of this 31 days, you will know more about me than you ever cared to. 😛 Today’s topic is my ten favorite foods…
- Pizza will top this list. I could probably eat it every day! I like a variety of toppings, but plain cheese (lots of cheese) is my favorite. When I went to low carb, this was the first thing I learned to mimic in a low carb style.
- Pasta is a very close second. There are so many different ways to prepare pasta. The multitude of sauces and pasta shapes never get boring, in my humble opinion.
- Cheese is probably not a surprise addition after reading number one. 😉 I grew up in Wisconsin and most of us Wisconsinites love our cheese. The best way is as fried cheese curds or string cheese. The squeakier and saltier the cheese, the better.
- Cheesecake is a necessary addition. I mean, seriously, with my love for cheese is it any surprise that I would love a dessert made from it? My favorite toppings for cheesecake are strawberries or caramel and chocolate. I enjoy both the no-bake and traditional styles.
- Strawberries are my hands-down favorite fruit. I like them fresh best, but I also enjoy them frozen, covered in chocolate, or as a jam.
- Pineapple comes in as a close second for me in the fruit department. Despite my love for it, I do not think it belongs on pizza.
- Cauliflower tops my list of favorite vegetables. It is good both raw and cooked. With my switch to a low-carb lifestyle, I have discovered a new-found love for the amazing versatility of this vegetable.
- Tomatoes are also a big favorite for me. Even when I had only a patio for outdoor space, I would grow a tomato plant every year. I like them on salads and eaten whole. I’m not a big fan of them cooked… except as a pasta sauce. 😉
- Turkey is the food I was most known for liking since I was a kid. I would gladly eat all the breast meat of a turkey in one sitting… not that I ever did. 😉 I like how well it picks up seasonings. Roasted turkey is best as leftovers. I love to make sandwiches, salads, and gravies with the leftover bits.
- Canadian Bacon has become my most recent love. It has all the qualities I like in ham in a convenient form. It’s been a staple in my low-carb breakfasts and also a part of those low-carb pizzas I mentioned under item one. If only it wasn’t so expensive!
What are your favorite foods?