When getting ready for Back to School, I knew that one important aspect was school lunches and snacks. With this in mind, I reached out to HannahMax Baking about their line of Cookie Chips. They sent me the Cookie Chips Multipack in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
As they say on their website, the biggest problem was figuring out which flavor to try first! We started out a bit logically… of course it would make sense to start with Original… and then all sense of decorum went out the window and we had them all open at once!
A big component of why you choose certain foods is the taste, so I’ll give you our impressions of each flavor first.
- Original: This is where we started and why we lost a bit of control. It’s definitely a great start! It’s a very basic cookie, but so full of flavor in each little bite. You could really appreciate the butter in this one. Melt in your mouth and crunchy all at once. How do they do it?!
- Chocolate Chip: If you like chocolate chip cookies, you’re going to love these… especially if you like your cookies crispy. I loved that the chocolate chips stayed satisfyingly soft in the middle of the crunchy cookie. A great classic!
- Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip: Brownie fans will appreciate this one the most, I think. It’s packed with rich chocolate flavor and reminded me of the crunchy corners of a brownie. This was our favorite for topping ice cream.
- Oatmeal Raisin: Not as big of a hit for us, but probably because not a single one of us likes raisins. Even with our lack of love for raisins, we appreciated these… so I’m confident when I say that if you like raisins you’re going to love this one.
- Cinnamon Sugar: This was my personal favorite. There’s this amazing coating of cinnamon and sugar on a buttery, crispy cookie. It’s like snicker-doodle meets chip. I couldn’t put them down!
- Sea Salted Peanut Butter: These were the ones my husband and son battled over. I think it’s worth noting that my husband doesn’t even like peanut butter cookies, but he really enjoyed these. The sea salt added an extra element that really made these special.
So, now that you know they taste amazing… …these cookie chips are great before you even get them in your mouth. They contain no preservatives, no GMOs, no artificial colors or flavors, and no trans fats. I could also understand the ingredients lists… things like cage free eggs, cane sugar, and butter. It’s all baked right here in the USA, too!
Each serving is only 120- 130 calories, so they’re a smart snack when you’re craving something sweet. It also made them great for enhancing other desserts. We crumbled a few over ice cream, folded some into chocolate pudding, and made little mini ice cream sandwiches. I’d love to try crushing them up to make a pie crust next time.
Overall, these would make a great addition to your family’s snacking. Your kids would really look forward to find a baggie of these goodies tucked away in their lunch or brought as a snack for preschool and kindergarten. These will definitely be a regular on our shopping list!
Pros: Amazing flavor. Great crunch. Real ingredients. Smart snacking. Great for recipes.
Cons: I think they need bigger bags… much like company founder Joanne’s kids, we inhaled them.
HannahMax Baking has been making amazing baked treats for almost 25 years. Founder, Executive Pastry Chef, CEO and mother of three, Joanne Adirim was baking one afternoon for her kids, the company’s namesakes, and created a crispy, sweet treat. After they inhaled them like a bag of potato chips, she realized she was onto something big. A delicious snack you can feel good about, all six flavors of Cookie Chips contain a mere 120-130 calories per serving. They’re made from the best, whole ingredients they can find like milled cane sugar, creamery butter, cage-free eggs, fine chocolate and pure bourbon vanilla. Plus, you’ll never find any artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, trans fats or GMOs in anything that comes out of the HannahMax bakery. ($17.96 single-flavor 4-pack; $26.94 multi-flavor six-pack)