Musing Mondays from Should Be Reading asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
- Describe one of your reading habits.
- Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
- Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
- Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
- Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
My Answer: Inspired by MizB of Should Be Reading, I wanted to share my favorite reading spots.
The top spot for reading comfort is definitely our bed. It allows me to prop up against a pile of squishy pillows, stretch my legs out, and snuggle under a blanket. The lighting is just right and my bedside table is the perfect spot for a cup of cocoa. It also leaves plenty of room for the inevitable company of my son and two cats.
I also enjoy reading in our recliner. It was a piece of furniture from my husband’s bachelor days… in fact, it was the only place to sit down in his living room other than the desk chair. You could easily sleep the day away in that chair, but I prefer to read in it.
When Summer comes, I like to sit out on our back deck in a lawn chair. There’s a spot I’ve discovered where you get an amazing breeze even on the hottest of days. It’s in a spot that’s shaded enough to not need sunglasses, but bright enough to get some rays. It’s so lazy and so perfect.