I participated in the We Love Disney album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.
Thanks to One2One Network, I had the opportunity to get a sneak peek at this amazing new album arriving from multi-platinum, 16-time Grammy® Award-winning producer and Verve Music Group Chairman David Foster! There is no doubt that there is lasting appeal and play-ability in the amazing roster of Disney music. David Foster pulled together an impressive group of popular artists in pop, rock, R&B, and country!
I have been a long-time fan of Gwen Stefani, but her voice was surprising… in a good way… on “The Rainbow Connection.” I have always enjoyed this song, but Gwen’s interpretation has upgraded it to a favorite. How can I not love a re-make of “A Spoonful of Sugar?!” It’s always been such a fun and iconic song. Even my mom, who has (gasp) never seen Mary Poppins, was singing along as I played through the sample. The country version of “Let It Go” was an unexpected surprise. I really liked the added twang to the song. It had me thinking it should have been done that way to start with! I also couldn’t help dancing along to this amazing version of “Friend Like Me.”
I will admit that I’m a little out of the loop on some current musical artists, but I still found joy in the music… and discovered some new-to-me artists to check out. My point is, even if you don’t like or know the artists listed, it’s worth at least taking a listen. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. There are some really great interpretations of favorites here!
This would make an amazing gift for kids or a Disney fan of any age. They are even releasing a Collector’s Edition Box Set, which includes: the digital deluxe album, limited-edition double vinyl, standard-edition double vinyl, limited-edition CD, standard-edition CD, limited-edition double-picture disc, four numbered lithographs, a DVD of “The Magic Behind We Love Disney,” a limited-edition T-shirt featuring a one-time only design, an exclusive tote bag, and a Certificate of Authenticity.
Pros: Who doesn’t love Disney music? Great selection of songs and artists. Very giftable… just in time for the holidays!
Cons: A few of my favorites didn’t make the list… I’m holding out hope for a second edition.
Imagine many of your favorite Disney hits re-recorded by top artists in all genres! We Love Disney is that dream come to life! The album will be available for purchase beginning October 30th!
- NE-YO “Friend Like Me” (Aladdin)
- Jessie J “Part of Your World “(The Little Mermaid)
- Jason Derulo “Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nants’ Ingonyama” (The Lion King)
- Gwen Stefani “The Rainbow Connection” (The Muppet Movie)
- Ariana Grande “Zero To Hero” (Hercules)
- Jhené Aiko “In a World of My Own/Very Good Advice” (Alice in Wonderland)
- Fall Out Boy “I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)” (The Jungle Book)
- Tori Kelly “Colors of the Wind” (Pocahontas)
- Kacey Musgraves “A Spoonful of Sugar” (Mary Poppins)
- Charles Perry “Ev’rybody Wants To Be a Cat” (The Aristocats)
- Jessie Ware “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes” (Cinderella)
- Lucy Hale & Rascal Flatts “Let It Go” (Frozen)
- Various Artists “It’s a Small World”
- Bonus tracks on Deluxe CD, Vinyl, and Picture Disc: Brenna Whitaker “It’s Not Easy Being Green” (The Muppet Show) & Yuna “A Whole New World” (Aladdin)